The Oregon Trail Church of God is non-denominational. Although we are part of the official Church of God with headquarters in Anderson, Indiana, no formal membership is required in our local church. Being a Christian makes you a member.
● In one God who has eternally existed, created the universe, and revealed Himself as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Genesis 1:1 • Genesis 3:22 • Matthew 28:19 • 1 Corinthians 8:4-6
● In the absolute lordship and deity of Jesus Christ, including His pre-existence, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His atoning death, His
bodily resurrection and His eventual second coming.
Matthew 28:18 • Matthew 20:28 • Acts 2:36 • Revelation 1:5-8
● In the full spiritual authority, the reliability, and the divine inspiration of the Bible.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 • 2 Peter 1:20-21
● Salvation comes only through the “new birth” which is brought about by the genuine repentance of sin, confession of faith in Jesus
Christ as the only Savior, and surrender to Him as Lord.
John 3:1-21 • Romans 6:23 • Romans 10:9 • 2 Corinthians 5:17
● The ministry of the Holy Spirit is a present, essential component of effective Christian life and witness; and, that by His indwelling the
Christian is enabled to live a godly life and to receive and use the gifts granted to them by God.
1 Corinthians 12 and 13 • Galatians 5:22-23 • 2 Timothy 1:9
● In the absolute triumph of Christ over the devil and all his works.
John 10:10 • Matthew 28:18
● In the resurrection of the dead at Christ’s return, in the certainty of God’s judgment, and in the inescapable result of that judgment
foretold in the scriptures for the just and the unjust.
Matthew 24 • Revelation 1:5-8
● In the ordinances of baptism by water symbolizing the union of the believer with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection, and in the Lord’s Supper as a remembrance of His unconditional love and forgiveness.
Colossians 2:12 • 1 Corinthians 11:23-29
● Marriage is a divinely instituted covenant that is defined by God as between one male and one female.
Genesis 1:27-28 • Genesis 2:21-24 • Matthew 19:4-6
● Nothing can replace the importance of the local Church in the mission and purpose of God.
Matthew 28:19-20 • Matthew 22:37-40 • Colossians 1:18 • Hebrews 10:24-25
Our Core Values
There are four core values of Oregon Trail Church of God that reflect our journey of faith.
1. Jesus Christ is the destination of our journey.
2. Scripture is our foundation and the road map for our journey.
3. All generations contribute to the journey.
4. Everyone is welcome on the journey.
What do you believe about Tithing and Money?
This is a common question, in the sermon below Pastor Brian explains money and tithing and how it applies to our faith journey.